The California Rent Relief program provides financial assistance for both income-eligible tenants and landlords who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our team has been working diligently to remain current on both state and local COVID legislation. We are a trusted source to help navigate the pandemic-related challenges both owners and tenants have had to endure.
As a landlord with a tenant who is behind in their rent, here’s what you need to know:
- The word ‘eviction’ cannot and will not be considered in a court of law when a tenant has applied for Rent Relief.
- Tenants are protected from eviction if they have applied for Rent Relief.
- Owners cannot evict a tenant if they have not applied themselves for Rent Relief.
- Owners can evict a tenant in a court of law if the tenant does not apply for Rent Relief.
- The government has a $5.2B budget to use to pay out rent relief funds to owners who have not received past due and unpaid rent thru March 2022.
- The monthly rent amount due is irrelevant. The government has $5.2B in funds to use to payout.
- Rent Relief cases are being approved at a rate of 99%.
- Rent Relief cases are taking longer than 3 months due to the Eviction Moratorium that expired on September 30.
- Owners and tenants can be 99% confident that their application will be approved for funding based on current results.
- Trust the process, and exercise patience knowing that based on these results we have experienced!
If you have questions or need assistance, we have an SME (Subject Matter Expert) on staff to help explain or guide you through the process. Michael Parham, our Business Development & Operations Manager is here to assist you.
Also, we're interfacing with eviction attorneys, trade associations, and spending time, energy, and resources to keep up on these assistance programs.
Dunfee Real Estate Services